The Benefits of Diffusing Essential Oils
As a health and wellness emporium, we see all kinds of people come into our space.
One constant though is people pausing, inhaling deeply, and saying, “wow, it smells really good in here.” Oftentime when they say this, their whole demeanor changes. They unclench their faces and smile, stand up a little straighter, and become more visibly relaxed and at ease than they were when they walked into the store.
While we’d like to say that it’s our natural aura of wellbeing that smells so wonderful, it’s 100% the essential oil diffuser.
Diffusing essential oils almost instantaneously creates a warm and welcoming space. It also increases mental clarity, boosts mood, and even combats cold and flu viruses. It’s an easy and affordable way to add something special to your environment while providing both you and those around you with real therapeutic benefits.
Granted, with so many different types of diffusers on the market, it can be hard to know which one will best meet your needs. Keep reading to learn about the recent technology of nebulizing diffusers, and see why they might be able to help you up your diffusion game, and reap all the benefits of sustained and intentional aromatherapy.
When you use an essential oil diffuser in your home or workplace it:
- Creates a Presence: This presence can be calming or energizing. It can soothe the inhabitants of a space, help them relax, or it can keep them sharp and focused. It can even fight fatigue or facilitate a restful night’s sleep.
- Boosts Mood: Many essential oils have an uplifting impact on the psyche. Scents like lavender, peppermint, and citrus have even been proven to help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Offers a Warm Welcome: Rooms with essential oil diffuser are, by default, mindful spaces. Someone (you) took the time to select oils, blend them, turn the diffuser on, and refill as needed. Being this intentional about your space is a form of self-care, but also, others will pick up on the care you put into your surroundings, and this will likely put them at ease and make them feel safe and welcome in your space.
- Generally Promotes Better Health: Essential oils have a host of health benefits. Diffusing them can soothe aching joints, improve digestive symptoms, boost circulation, strengthen immunity, and nourish your skin. There are also the aforementioned mental health benefits.
- Improve Respiratory Symptoms: Diffusing essential oils can soothe inflamed airways and generally lessen the impact of cold, flu, and bronchitis. Essential oil diffusers can also ease seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Help Regulate Appetite: Diffusing essential oils can help manage cravings and promote healthy eating habits. If you’re trying to cut back on calories, reduce your sugar intake, or switch to a healthier diet, aromatherapy can play a part in helping you achieve these goals.
- Reduce Airborne Viruses, Bacteria, and Mold: When essential oils are diffused, they break down free radicals that contribute to the growth of harmful bacteria. Diffused oils also make the air inhospitable for many types of mold. More research is needed in this area, but preliminary studies suggest that some essential oils effectively kill flu viruses.
- Great for Sensitive Skin: If your favorite essential oils don’t love your skin, diffusing them can be a great way to enjoy the scent and receive the health benefits without the nuisance of a rash or breakout.
- Fully Customizable: Unlike perfumes that come out of the bottle as is, when you diffuse essential oils, the blend is completely customizable. You can mix and match scents to suit your tastes and mood. Not a fan of lavender? Then don’t diffuse it. Does every blend need to contain at least a little bergamot? Then experiment with other oils that might complement it. If you’re running low on inspiration, there are hundreds of diffuser blend recipes online.
Traditional Diffusers Vs. Nebulizing Diffusers
Now that we’ve covered some of the basic benefits of diffusing essential oils, let’s talk a little bit about how diffusers work. Most essential oil diffusers use water as the medium for getting the essential oil out into the air. The user mixes essential oils with water, and the diffuser then evaporates and transports the water particles into the air.
A nebulizing diffuser is different, in that no water is needed. Rather, it processes essential oils into an almost gas-like state. Nebulizing diffusers work by forcing a stream of air at high pressure through small tubes that contain essential oil. This stream of air turns the oil into a fine mist and distributes it around the room. When you use a nebulizing diffuser, you are diffusing pure, undiluted essential oils. For this reason, nebulizing diffusers tend to pack more of a punch in the scent department: the aroma is more concentrated and it fills a space faster.
Benefits of a Nebulizing Diffuser
- Strength: Nebulizers diffuse essential oils directly. Since they don’t rely on water, their scent is more concentrated.
- Shortened Runtime: Since nebulizers create a powerful scent relatively quickly, they can be run for shorter amounts of time, saving electricity.
- Convenience: With a nebulizer, you don’t have to run to the sink and get water every few hours. Just attach the bottle of essential oil to the diffuser and you’re all set.
- No Humidity: Nebulizers don’t create humidity. This is good for homes with mold or humidity issues. Or for non-air conditioned spaces where humidity makes the air feel warmer.
A Word of Caution
People who are pregnant and/or breastfeeding should talk to their doctors before using essential oils, as should people with asthma or other respiratory disorders. If you experience shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, wheezing, rash, or excessive coughing while diffusing an essential oil, discontinue use immediately. Essential oil diffusers should only be used in well-ventilated spaces. Essential oils are not meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any form of illness, and nor is their use meant to replace professional medical care.
The PURE-OMA Nebulizing Diffuser
If you are interested in diffusing essential oils in your home or workspace, the PURE-OMA essential oil nebulizing diffuser is an affordable and high-quality option. It’s stylish and compact, easy to use, and delivers the pure and undiluted aroma of your favorite essential oils.
PURE-OMA diffusers use supersonic vibration atomization technology to diffuse oil up to 600 square feet, freshening your space, and providing you with the clarity, focus, relaxation, and stress management that you need for peaceful days and restful nights.
PURE-OMA diffusers are cordless and USB rechargeable, so they can be placed anywhere, and they work for up to 16 hours per charge. Unlike many nebulizing diffusers on the market today, they run quietly, making them an ideal option for sleep aid aromatherapy.
We also offer a PURE-OMA nebulizing diffuser with a built-in bluetooth speaker and light display, so that you can accompany your aromatherapy with your favorite relaxing music.
And speaking of essential oils, check out our expansive line of PureomEO™essential oils, all of which are 100% compatible with our nebulizing diffusers. PureomEO™ sources the highest-quality ingredients available from eco-friendly and small-scale farms, distilleries, and producers. All of our products contain only all-natural, plant-based ingredients with no animal products, preservatives, or synthetics. Every batch of PureomEO™ Essential Oil is lab tested and analyzed for quality assurance.
Order online or stop by our North Loop shop today, and start diffusing with style and substance!